Students attending a tertiary level university, college or institute will require Educator-sponsored Dubai study visa. Full-time students can be sponsored by their educational institution if the institution is eligible. This allows them to obtain a UAE study visa for the duration of their course
Student Residence Visas are normally only valid for 1 year at a time, renewed each year during the study program.
- With at least 6 months validity, the passport must have two blank visa pages (one to endorse the visa and one for entry stamps)
- Passport copies (about 4)
- Photographs (about 12)
- Upon arrival, passport copies with entry visa to the UAE (about 3 copies)
- Evidence of acceptance to a UAE tertiary institute (offer letter)
- Possibly bank statements showing evidence of funds in the UAE
- Possibly a tenancy agreement (or letter from university if staying in university accommodation)
- Copy of tuition fee receipt for the current study year of the program
- Copy of visa fees receipt for the current study year of the program
- Post-graduate students will need to have their undergraduate degree attested
- Students from some countries will undergo a security check to make sure they are not considered a threat to UAE security.
- A medical test at an authorised UAE medical center (approx AED 350-500) will normally be required. The medical check is a blood test and chest X-ray for HIV (AIDS), Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Tuberculosis (TB), Leprosy, and Syphilis. If results come back positive for any of those conditions, the person is deported, except for syphilis which is treated, but this may change, check with UAE immigration department or UAE Ministry of Health (and keep in mind it’s possible to get conflicting reports from them).
Student Residence Visa Fees
- Student Visa Fees vary between universities, colleges and institutions. It Varies between 1,000 to 3,000 AED for a one-year student residence visa.
- Some universities, colleges and institutions may require a refundable visa deposit, may vary between 2,000 to 3,000 AED.
- Renewal charges vary between 1,000 to 3,000 AED yearly.
- There might also be differences in fees between different emirates.
- There are also differences depending on if the university is located in a UAE education free zone such as Dubai Academic City or Knowledge Village, or not.
- Please check with university, college or institute applying to for up-to-date information.
If a student stays out of the UAE for longer than six months, their student residence visa becomes invalid and they will be denied entry to the UAE until it is cancelled. Usually the sponsor will report the visa holder to the immigration authorities.
- Visas normally take 2-5 weeks to process once all the correct documentation has been supplied.
- Express visas take 1-3 weeks to process.
- Cancellation of visa normally takes 1-3 weeks, express cancellation takes 1-2 weeks.