Let’s answer some questions for you:
When can I apply for the visa?
To apply for your visa you need to have the Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from your university. The CoE will be issued to you by your university after you accept your offer and make a part payment of your total fees. You also have to pay for the Overseas Student Health Cover before the CoE is issued. The amounts to both these will be mentioned on your offer letter.
The CoE contains an official course (CRICOS) registration code along with the start and end dates. The CoE is also called as eCoE as it is issued electronically.
Note: You can apply for your visa 124 days, approximately 4 months before your course start date.
What’s my visa type?
Higher Education Sector: Temporary Visa (Subclass 573) PG and UG coursework degrees and Subclass 574 for PG research degrees.
What is the visa fee?
Demand Draft in INR in the name of “Australian High Commission”, payable at New Delhi
AUD 535$ = INR 30,200 (Fees are revised every July, make sure you check before applying) Plus, INR Demand Draft in the name of “VFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd” INR 910
How soon can I travel to Australia?
You can travel to Australia 90 days before your course starts
Can I work on if I have an Australian student visa?
Yes, you can work 20 hours per week and 40 hours during your vacations.
Can I work in Australia after my studies are over?
Yes you can work in Australia after applying for the relevant post-study work visa:
- Bachelors and Masters degree holders are eligible to apply for a 2 year post study work visa in Australia
- Masters by research and Doctoral degree holders are eligible to apply for a 3 and 4 years post study work visa in Australia respectively
- All other students who have studied in Australia for a minimum of 2 years are eligible to apply for an 18 months work visa in Australia
Students must have at least two years of academic study in Australia in order to be eligible for a post study work visa. You may get a single degree or multiple degrees but the total duration of your study must be at least two academic years. For eg. say you first studied a 1 year Master of Information Systems (MIS) at the University of Melbourne or the Masters of Engineering Science at the University of Queenland and the you finished a 1 year of MBA from Melbourne Business School, then you can apply for the post study work visa. If you would have studied only one of these degrees, the you will not be eligible to apply for a Post Study Work Visa in Australia
What are the documents that I need to apply for an Australian student visa?
- Notarized copies of all 36 pages of your passport and one separate notarised copy of the first and last page
- Visa Application Forms
- Six (4+2) recent passport size photographs in white background and a dark shirt colour
- eCOE, University offer letter, Offer Acceptance Form and copy of Demand Draft of tuition fee deposit paid
- IETLS Score sheet – notarised copy
- Work Experience Certificate of Applicant (if any – Current and Previous) – notarised copy
- Degree Certificate along with all 3/4 years mark sheets of graduation / Post graduation – notarised copies
- Board Certificate and mark sheet of XII and X – notarised copy
- Statement of Purpose – notarised copy
- Any other relevant certificates related to course – notarised copy
1.Original ”Affidavit of Support” on stamp paper of Rs. 100/- in the name of sponsor / parents. A separate stamp paper for each sponsor. Notarised
2.Enclosed proof of relationship with the sponsor if parents aren’t sponsors e.g. passport copy, birth certificate, year 10th certificate, marriage certificate, photographs of marriage, voter ID card, etc.
3.Original Education Loan Sanction Letter from nationalized bank and original documents related to Loan security i.e. loan disbursement Letter, Title Verification Search Report, Bank Valuation Report, Sale Deed and Visiting card of the branch manager or Loan issuing person
4.Current Bank Balance Certificate, Bank Statement or Pass Book of last six months and Other Certificates showing balance with acceptable funds:
- Saving A/c’s in Nationalized Bank only (any proof, explanation for recent bank entries) and current dated Bank Balance Certificate
- Fixed Deposit Receipt + FDR Balance Certificate
- GPF / EPF / CMPF and Provident Fund Balance cum withdraw-able letter
- Public Provident Fund + PPF Balance cum withdraw-able letter
- For Business Concern – Current Account Bank Statement of 1 Year + Balance Certificate
- P.O. – Monthly Income Scheme passbook copy + Balance Certificate
- P.O. – Recurring Deposit passbook copy + Balance Certificate
NOTE the following are UNACCEPTABLE funds are:
- Post Office Deposits i.e NSC, KVP and NSS
- Deposit with Companies, Chit Funds
- LIC Surrender Value Quotation
- Investments in Shares, Bonds and Debentures
5.Original Chartered Accountant statement and Student Financial Sheet. (we will provide the format) – Financial Matrix
6.In case of company sponsorship: Balance Sheet of (3 yrs), Income Tax Returns (3 yrs), Bond signed with the company, Registered deed of ownership (property).
Yeah! we know you’re confused, we suggest just fix an appointment with us and this will all be sorted for you. Write to or call +91 9000133877